Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Potty Training

I hate it. It's messy and frustrating and I'd like to avoid it for as long as possible. Mr N apparently has other plans. Yesterday morning he took off his diaper and refused to put it back on. So every hour or so I put him on the potty, until I got busy and distracted. He did have one accident, but he also told me "potty" one time when he needed to go, and another time he pointed to his butt when he needed to poop. Not too bad for day one.

He stayed dry through the night and slept without a diaper. He did have 2 accidents today when we were outside and there was a lot of distractions, we had the carpet cleaned today and some trash hauled off, so I wasn't paying enough attention to the time. Twice today he has indicated that he needed to go potty once by saying "pee", the other times I asked him and sat him on the potty.

So far I would say he is doing quite well with this whole potty training thing. The only problem so far is that he refuses to wear underwear, I think the elastic is bothersome so I'm going to be hunting for some less irritating boxer briefs or something more comfortable. Until then, he can go commando, all the cool kids are doing it.

Meeting went off without a hitch, he went sans diaper and there were no accidents.


No comments:

Post a Comment