Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Life's a Dance

Life has a funny way of working things out. It seems some days our life is full of worry, concern, and pain; other days it gets balanced back out by amazing opportunities that are extended our way. While I'm a firm believer in working hard for what you want, there are times when all that hard work is noticed and rewards are forthcoming.

I know my last few posts have been full of emotion, pain and stress but that is also part of our life. I try to keep a balanced view and not let the dark days get too dark. Dealing with the worry and heartbreak of having a child with special needs can be overwhelming and even all consuming if we allow it. But I try very hard to focus on the positive as well, we live in a beautiful area, I have an amazing husband with two gorgeous children, and we are all in good health. We are blessed with the ability to spend a lot of time outdoors enjoying Jehovah's wondrous creation.

Yesterday Mr N had a good day in therapy, he did an awesome job putting together the alphabet puzzle and even saying some of the letters. Every bit of progress makes my heart leap, I am incredibly proud of my little guy. The amount of effort he puts forth in order to say words is astounding, but he doesn't give up and neither do we. More work equals more rewards.

Today we meet with the school district for the first time. I'm quite nervous and just want it to be over, but it's not until this afternoon. I'm also hoping to squeeze in a play date today for the kids.

We met the new coordinator today, the old one is moving onto another position with a new company. The new coordinator is very nice, she engaged Mr N and tried to get him to receptively identify colors without success, but he was friendly with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment