Monday, November 5, 2012

The Weekend

Saturday morning Mr N woke up at 2:30am and started tugging at the nodules. He would not go back to sleep, so I got up with him and kept him from picking at his head.

We left for Sacramento at 5:00am to get his nodules removed, he fell asleep on the way up, so at least he got a little more sleep. Once we arrived at the hospital he did not want to go in, it took a lot of convincing from Daddy to get him inside. While we were waiting, he took laps through the hallways until they were ready to remove his nodules.

It didn't take too long to get all of the nodules removed, she cleaned up his head the best she could, but there was still some glue left on his head when she was done. He didn't scream and cry quite as desperately as he did on Friday, so that was a bit of a relief for Mommy and Daddy.

After departing the hospital we headed towards home, but not before hitting up Costco & Walmart for some much needed groceries. Then we headed home to do some relaxing. Daddy, of course, doesn't know how to relax and he did some work around the house while I napped happily on the sofa.

Sunday morning we headed to meeting but ended up having to sit in the back room because we were late. Mr N does not enjoy sitting in the back room, and until yesterday I couldn't figure out why. The first 20 minutes I stood at the back of the hall holding Mr N to keep him happy. While standing there I got to thinking and wondered if the speakers in the back room were creating too much echo. I decided to turn it off to see what happened, he was fine after that. I can't believe I hadn't thought of that before.

After much convincing I talked E into giving a comment during meeting, she hasn't done it in quite a long time because she is too scared. She finally agreed to giving it a try, and she did great. Afterward she said "that wasn't scary at all, can I answer at the next meeting?". I'm so proud of my little girl, she is growing up and getting brave and trying things she's scared to do. She immediately told Daddy when we came home, she was so proud of herself.

Sunday evening we had a few friends over, built a bonfire, then roasted weenies, marshmallows and had a great time. Mr N ate 3 hot dogs before anyone arrived then ate another 1 1/2 hotdogs once they arrived. I was pretty impressed by his eating. E, on the other hand, was all about the pumpkin bread. I'm pretty sure she ate more than anyone else. Hopefully today we can get some more pumpkin bread made since I only used half the pumpkin in the first two loaves that I baked. Then I'm going to try to puree up some spinach into brownies in hopes that Mr N will eat them.


No comments:

Post a Comment