Friday, June 22, 2012

Resources

My sister in law sent me a link to a site that has valuable information on Autism technology. I'm just now getting to take a closer look at it and have discovered there are far more apps that Mr N could benefit from than just the ones he has already. I'm installing two receptive identification apps as I type. While these apps won't replace all of the other work we are doing with Mr N, there are times that he could be playing with his iPad and really learning. 

He really enjoys a couple of apps that he has to match letters to make words. Here is a screen shot of one of them.

 I think it helps teach him how to match objects, I hope it'll help him learn to spell. The apps he uses for that are eSightWords and First Words Sampler. E likes them, too. There are additional games on the sight words app, it is a little more advanced. 

There are a lot of flashcard apps that can be helpful to anyone with small children, even those without autism. Not that I'm encouraging hours of time spent on a device, but there are times when they can be helpful (flying, road trips, dr's office, or while shopping). 

My whole reason for this post is because my SIL is such an amazing person. She calls to let me know she found something that might be helpful in working with Mr N, she sends links to great resources, she provides me with options to call and talk to other people she knows with children with Autism. She truly is a gem, it's so touching to know she thinks about her nephew and wants to help. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment