Friday, June 22, 2012

Sleepyhead

Mr N fell asleep at about noon and slept until four o'clock yesterday. Needless to say, there wasn't much therapy time. But he was still super cute, so I'm sure he scored some points for that. Looks should figure into the equation somehow.

We've switched our therapy from five days a week for three hours, to four days a week. Last week we left to go camping on Friday so today is our first day with no plans, no where to go, nothing to do. It feels great. I should probably run some errands, but for now the thought of chilling all day sounds much better. 

Last night the kids were playing roughly with each other, but having a great time until E got a bloody nose. Oddly enough she didn't freak out at all, she just came and showed us the blood all over her face and arms, and the blood all over the comforter. We got the bleeding stopped and put an end to beat-your-sibling. 

As I was sitting here working on my blog Mr N brought over a big stuffed dog that needed a kiss. He likes having me kiss his stuffed animals, then he kisses them. It's super sweet, until he gets carried away and has me make out with a dog for 10 minutes, then it gets awkward.

                                            ~~~Several hour time lapse~~~

Today we returned the pool we bought earlier this week, the bottom ring wouldn't hold air, so far the new one is working fine. We went to three stores and Mr N did fine, they were each pretty quick trips. Safeway has "car carts" so that goes pretty smoothly since Mr N gets to drive around the store 

E fell asleep on our way home from running errands, so Mr N and I put away our purchases and set up the new pool. He loves filling the pool with the hose. He has been drinking out of his new sippy cups at least a little bit each day, we are praise, praise, praising his every drink. Hopefully this is the beginning of a beautiful new relationship with a sippy cup, and the end of bottles.

I must say I could spend an entire day just cuddling with these kids, they are so soft and cuddly, so sweet and kissable. Mr N was demolishing the block farm that I put together for E yesterday.

After I got it put back together for E, I cuddled with Mr N on the big bears. E decided that it looked like fun and joined in the cuddlefest. I thought I'd try to get Mr N to say "I love you" again, to verify he can say it and that it wasn't just a fluke last weekend. I said "I love you, E"; E said "I love you, too". I said "I love you, Mr N", he said nothing. I said "I love you, E"; E said "I love you, too." I said "I love you, Mr N", he said "wuv utu". Score! My heart soared. My little man is saying I love you. I tried one more time, he said it once again. It is like music to my ears, I'm looking forward to the day when he says it unprompted. That will be glorioius. With all of his progress, I can only hope that an unprompted "wuv u" is just around the corner.

Tomorrow we are going to try something new and exciting. They have movies at the park every Saturday night all summer long, so we are going to take the kids tomorrow night. This will be our first time to the movies with kids, they show G and PG movies, I'm hoping since it's outside that Mr N will do fine and enjoy it.....or fall asleep and let Daddy & I cuddle, a girl can wish can't she? 

My weekend goal is to tile the bathroom floor, take a nice long hike, get a little Mommy unwinding time and get Mr N to say "wuv u" for Daddy.

                    *******BREAKING NEWS********

Daddy just got home from work and I said "I love you", Daddy said "I love you, too", then Mr N said "I wuv you".

No comments:

Post a Comment