Monday, June 25, 2012

Choo Choo

Mr N tried to nap away therapy today, but Mommy wasn't going to let that happen. So after letting him take a short nap I woke him up and he was quite cranky, but his therapist immediately grabbed some fun toys and got him interested. His crankies soon faded away as he clambered down to play with puzzles and nesting blocks.

During therapy we did some painting with vegetables, you dip the veggie into paint and make a print on a piece of paper. We used onions, peppers, squash, and apples. They turned out super cute.

After a while of painting veggies with a paint brush, Mr N decided to touch the paint with his fingers. I was so excited, he's never like to finger paint and doesn't like touching the paint. A few minutes later he had both hands fully into the paint so I got him another piece of paper and he covered it in paint. His therapist suggested doing hand prints since his hands were already covered. Mr N's are on the left, E's are on the right.

We spent the last thirty or so minutes at the park, the kids love the park and his therapist was able to really get Mr N to engage in various games on the playground. She'd hide behind the curly slide and do tickles, or go down the slide with the kids, which they thought was awesome and talked me into joining in on the fun.

There were some kids at the skate park with their skate board so we headed down there so the kiddos could watch. Mr N was in awe, a couple of minutes of observation and he was on a ramp running up one side then back down and up the other side. This child blows me away with how incredibly smart he is, just watching the bigger kids for a few minutes and he totally gets what they are doing. His imitation skills are soaring!

The therapist left the park when therapy was over, but we stayed and played for another thirty minutes. Daddy drove by on his way home so we flagged him down, I sent the kids home with him while I ran to the store for some stuff for our trip to Susie's.

Tomorrow is our six year anniversary, I can't believe how quickly time passes. Seems like just yesterday we shared true loves kiss and found our happy ever after.

After bath time tonight we gave the kids their gifts for our anniversary. We kept it pretty low key since they've gotten a lot of toys lately and we're going to have a little party when their cousins are here next month. Each of the kids got a train set, Mr N's has zoo animals, E's has farm animals and Mr N got a magnet hinged door hide & seek toy, E's second toy is a wooden block farm set. Daddy immediately set up Mr N's train set and showed him how to push the train and say "choo choo", it wasn't two minutes later before Mr N is happily pushing his train round and round the tracks saying "choo choo". I love these moments. I set up E's block farm, because it pretty much rocks the house! There is a barn, silo and chicken coop complete with a white fence and cows, horses, sheep, pigs, trees and a tractor. No farm is complete without a tractor. I'll admit I probably liked the farm more than the kids did, I think they fail to appreciate it's awesomeness.

I'm pretty sure Daddy is just as excited about Mr N's "wuv u" as I am, I just heard him saying "I love you" over and over again. So I joined in to help him out, after a few minutes of  Daddy, E and Mommy saying "I love you" Mr N piped up with an "a wuv u". Swoon.

Daddy is watching Tarzan with the kids, trying to perfect his swinging through the jungle technique. When Tarzan put his hand up against his mom's hand, Mr N did the same to Daddy. Squeeeeeeeeeeee! That's adorableness at it's finest. He did it a few more times, so I had to join in on the love fest. How happy this little family makes me, I'm so lucky to have such an amazing husband who is an equally amazing father to our beautiful children. My heart is full of happy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment