Thursday, July 5, 2012

Road Trip

First off, my apologies for not updating in over a week.

The kids and I left on Wednesday the 27th for a road trip to Colorado for the District Convention. We departed at 4am and drove until 10pm. The kids did great in the car, as usual. Thursday we left our hotel at 3:30am and arrived at Susie's at 6:30am, I had hoped the kids would go back to sleep once we arrived and that I could squeeze in a nap. But they were far too excited about being at Susie's house. Mr N immediately started playing and "loving" the cats and dogs.

Here are some pictures from our trip out...







The kids both did great at the convention, Mr N spent most of the time at our seat; although there were a few times that we went outside for a little break.

My aunt and uncle that live about an hour from Susie came to visit on Thursday night, the last time I saw them I was pregnant with E, so they were quite excited to see the kiddos. They came bearing gifts of baked goods and toys for the kids. The pumpkin bread and zucchini bread were a huge hit and didn't even last the weekend.

The days passed quickly by and before we knew it Monday greeted us, we tearfully said goodbye on Monday afternoon and drove 6 hours. E was denial that leaving was imminent and refused to say goodbye to anyone. Tuesday morning we awoke early and hit the road, sans coffee. Five hours later we arrived at the nearest Starbucks and Mommy fueled up. Utah is definitely not coffee friendly, for this I spite them. Here are pictures from our return trip.







After driving through four states, I soon realized that where we live is absolutely beautiful. We got home about 5pm and immediately noticed how much the garden had grown. I headed out to water the garden and was excited to see baby watermelons growing, lots of baby tomatoes, and some ripe cucumbers.


Daddy got home from work about 7pm and greeted us all with hugs and kisses, he was greatly missed. 


After a long day of driving, we crashed at about 9:00 and got some much needed sleep.


Since Daddy had Wednesday off from work we decided to take advantage and headed to Cherry Lake for a day of fun and relaxation. We played in the lake for a few hours, then decided we should go for a drive and scout out more camping options.


Then we got horribly lost. After 3 hours of driving Daddy so wisely remembered that our GPS functions as something other than a moving map and we put home in as our destination and were happy to see 26 miles to destination. Two hours, many dead ends and non-existent roads  later we realized the GPS is evil and hateful. We then referred to our trusty forest map and navigated our own way home.


The kids starting getting restless so we stopped to let them play for a while, I got Mr N out and then immediately tripped over a chopped down manzanita. Here is the result to my leg...




I'm typically not a big baby, but it was swelling and burning. I don't like getting owies, and yes I realize I should have shaved. It hurt a bunch.


As I was standing on one foot in excruciating pain, waiting on Daddy to finish peeing and retrieve my flip flop, E came up to me and started puking. I got her cleaned up and changed and was putting her back in the car when Mr N fell down and hurt his hiney on the rocks. Daddy was the only one that escaped our stop unscathed. Four more puke stops later, we arrived back home and climbed into bed, exhausted.


E did not sleep well and around 3am said to me "why does the night have to be so long?". She got up with Daddy at 6 and when he left she crawled into bed with me and was asleep before Daddy pulled out of the driveway. Mr N was not on board with going back to sleep so poor, sick Mommy had to get up. 


Now for some of Mr N's accomplishments....

He started saying "mama" a lot on Tuesday and has not stopped. I love it.

While we were at the lake he was repeating everything I said, so Daddy suggested I try some of the things they focus on in therapy. I said "me", he repeated it, we did that a dozen or so times. I'm so proud of him, he's talking and saying more things. I said "you're so pretty", he said "pretty" and touched my face. He's even said "a wuv u" a few times unprompted, he is on a roll!

Mr N's therapist is on vacation this week, so we'll resume therapy next Monday. My hope for today is to nap and watch movies, not exactly what I'd had in mind, but when in Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment