Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baby

Mr N is now recognizing pictures of himself, he points and says "baby". We still refer to him as baby and I do not intend to stop anytime soon, he is my baby, he will always be my baby. 

Along with saying baby he is stringing more words together, his speech is soaring, as is my heart. What an amazing little boy I have. I'm so blessed to have such a precious child in my life. I love his hugs and kisses and even when he tries to lick my tongue. 

Today was our first day back to therapy after our trip to SoCal. He did pretty good with his new therapist, Katy. This first week will be about bonding and getting to know each other, he really seems to like her. For the most part he just led the way today picking out toys and activities, the rest of us just joined in with him. He was in the mood to dance this morning, he kept grabbing Katy's hand to invite her to dance with him. Adorable.

Mr N played with his train set, stacking blocks and did some ball play with Katy. But the thing that surprised me the most was a puzzle that I purchased a few months ago for the kids. I've never seen Mr N play with it, only E. Today he got it out to do with Katy, while I watched. I was super impressed, behind each door is an magnetic piece. He put them one at a time into the right door. Below is a picture of the puzzle, it's amazing to me that he can put things in by category, rather by shape or exact match. For example, the oven door has a turkey that goes in; the cookie jar gets cookies, dog house gets a dog. Color me impressed. 



Katy got Mr N to say at least one new word, she even commented on how much he was vocalizing today. I am so proud of my little man, he is just doing amazing. 

Towards the end of the therapy Mr N dozed off for a nap, he had a late nap yesterday which resulted in a late night last night and then an early morning this morning. Hopefully we're back on schedule for an afternoon nap. Although, if he falls asleep during the last 20 minutes of therapy I'm not going to complain, that will give Katy a chance to do some paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment