Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spinning out of control

First off, I apologize for the lack of updates this week. Let me give you a brief recap of the week.

Monday, Mr N did terrible in therapy, was uncooperative and didn't respond well at all.

Tuesday and Wednesday Mr N was his normal self and did great in therapy. He did some color matching, which I've been dying to see how he does with learning new things. He did great, I think he did 4-5 colors one day. 

Wednesday morning Mr N and I took some mail to the mailbox and before we got to the mailbox I got super dizzy and had to sit down. The dizziness progressed through the day and by 11am I asked Daddy to come home from work ASAP so that I wouldn't be alone with the kids after therapy. He hurried home to help. 

I woke up Thursday thinking I'd be all better, but nope, I was dizzier than ever. Instead of Daddy heading to SoCal for his meeting he took me to prompt care, but not before the puking began. I know what you are thinking, OMG I'm so jealous spinning & puking, did you even puke in the toilet? After 3 hours at prompt care, 2 shots, a pill and a couple of prescriptions they sent me on my way with a "vertigo" diagnosis, most likely migraine related. 

It gets better...the prescription for the nausea has a side effect of....wait for it....dizziness. Sweet! Maybe it'll spin my brain the other way and make it all stop. Nope. Both medicines make me drowsy. I fell asleep on the way home from prompt care, then took a 4 hour nap once we got home. I woke up at 4pm, ate and went to bed at 6pm. At some point Daddy canceled his trip to So Cal, for which I'm incredibly grateful. 

Friday I decided I would refuse to take my medicine so I wouldn't sleep all day since even though Daddy didn't go to the meeting, he'd be in the meeting on a conference call all day. That didn't quite pan out either, I dozed off and on until about 10:30 and then finally managed to stay awake for two hours before I took my medicine and went to bed.

I'm sure you get the jest of it, I slept a lot and did a whole lot of nothing. the grandparents are arriving for their visit today, so I've skipped the meds, done some cleaning and we took a family grocery getting trip so we can actually feed them. 

When my head stops spinning, I'm sure I have a few stories to tell about my precious littles, but for now this will have to do. Concentrating on anything makes my head hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment