Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tidbits

I noticed a few weeks ago that one of the deer that frequent our yard looked pregnant. She spent more than the usual amount of time in our yard, didn't run away when we went outside, unless the kids tried to approach her, she laid next to the garage about 10 feet from the entrance and wouldn't move when we went into the garage. I didn't see her for a few days before our trip to Colorado and until today hadn't seen her since we got back.

The kids and I went outside this morning and there was mama deer and one baby. Baby deer ran into the Manzanita and mama deer kept eating. A little while later mama was waiting for baby to come out, but he/she wouldn't. Mama deer went into the manzanita and came out with twins! I got a poor quality pic of them running across the yard with my phone, then ran inside and got my camera ready for when they returned.

A few hours later I was sweeping off the cedar tree droppings from the driveway and noticed the twins down the back of the hill on the back of our property, I went to get the camera and got sidetracked caring for Mr N.

This evening after the kids' baths I looked out and saw the twins and mama in the yard so I grabbed my camera, snuck out the back door and around the house. The babies are still pretty easily startled, so in the above picture they are heading out of the yard and down the hill toward some cover.

Below is the first picture I took as I came around the corner of the house. They are such beautiful little babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment