Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Honey

Mr N has been calling me "honey" all day, I correct him each time, but it is super cute. I frequently call him and Daddy "honey". He called Daddy "honey", too. I touched my chest and said "mama" then his chest and said "baby" to explain that is what he should call me. He then started calling himself "mama". The little stinker was totally playing me.

Since Mr N hasn't had therapy, I've been working with him on counting, colors, letters, etc. He has started counting things on his own, without prompting. The highest he has counted without prompting is seven. My joy in unimaginable. I'd been hoping that they would teach him these necessary things during therapy, but it wasn't a priority. I'm so excited. I am going to keep working on counting and colors until he has them mastered. He correctly identified 3 colors today, but I'm not sure if it was just luck, so we will keep at it.

We also worked on shapes today, but he wasn't as interested in them so we kept it short. He did some music and dancing but he was super sleepy so he didn't do any actions along with the songs. I'll try to do music earlier in the day tomorrow. He wanted to do number flash cards but he wasn't being appropriate with them so they didn't last long. E on the other hand did her number flash cards up to 25. I wish I had some word flash cards for her, until we get some we will just use books and the sight words app on her iPad.

E loves dancing, so music time was her favorite today. Unfortunately she insists that I dance with her and it wears me out. The CD we have has 25 songs on it, that is a lot of dancing. She also insists that we dance with her along with the songs on Barbie Princess and the Popstar. Daddy is always roped into dancing with her. E has also picked up the witty phrase "this is wrong on so many levels". It happens to be so much cuter when she says it than the dog in the movie.

E's obsession with cats has not waned. She asked again tonight if we could get a new cat and name it Milo. Daddy told her she could just rename Elephant, but she has already renamed Elephant "Stripes". She has insisted on downloading Littlest Pet Shop on Mr N's iPad so that she can play on both of them.

I'm so incredibly happy that Mr N is still progressing verbally, he is learning even without a qualified teacher. He is even speaking in full sentences at times. We've been working on getting him to say "I want" and "I need" before requesting something. For example "I want milk" instead of just saying "milk".

No comments:

Post a Comment