Friday, December 21, 2012

What the hello kitty?

We had Mr N's IEP 2 weeks ago today, when we left the IEP the decision was that Mr N would go to the structured preschool in Soulsbyville and they would arrange for us to observe a couple of times before he started.

We have heard absolutely nothing from the school. Yesterday Linda, the coordinator called and said that the school decided that Mr N would go to our local Parent Preschool and Katy would be his aide.

I honestly don't know what to think. Not spending close to 2 hours a day driving is appealing, but the communication from everyone has been shoddy at best. Seriously? When were they planning on telling us?

I have a few reservations about the local preschool, but I would definitely like to observe before we decide. I'm not sure how I feel about sending my kid(s) to a school that random people in town have told me to avoid at all costs. What kind of reputation does it have that at least 3 people have told me not to send my kids there? That is not encouraging. I'm a little apprehensive to begin with, but I would feel better knowing that Katy was there keeping an eye on him. I trust that she will be honest with me about the school.

I'm hoping that the school district contacts me soon and has a plan to ensure he receives speech and OT. These are necessary therapies he needs.

I'm happy that Daddy will be off of work Monday and Tuesday, but really wish we had plans to utilize the long weekend. I'd love to go on a mini-vacation or at least have some fun planned.

I often wonder how much of Mr N's talking is just echolalia, he has been doing a ton of it lately. He repeats a ton, from sissy, from daddy, from me, even from watching movies, he will repeat. Last night when I was tucking him in I said "I love you" expecting the typical "I love you" back but instead he said "I love you, too". I am really hoping he is getting it, that he understands what he is saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment