Sunday, October 21, 2012

Diet

Mr N has done absolutely remarkable giving up milk. He hasn't even been asking for it, he's been asking for food or juice boxes when he needs something. We are absolutely astounded at the lack of meltdowns and tantrums, which we fully expected to be enduring several times a day.

While Mr N has been doing great going without milk, I'm more concerned than ever about his health and eating habits. His main source of nutrition is now coming from fruit loops. Not a significant source of much of anything, I was less concerned when he only drank milk. The first day he ate 3 hotdogs, while I don't think those are healthy, it was at least "meat".

Despite his poor diet, his energy level seems to be normal. I won't lie, I'm super worried about my little man. Can he really live on Fruit Loops? Why couldn't he chose bacon as his go to food? It has protein. Why is this whole parenting thing so incredibly challenging? How do these tiny people demand so much control over our emotions?

In spite of my worries and fears, I do have some good news. E has decided that she loves chocolate milk and has been drinking the chocolate carnation instant breakfast. I can't even begin to describe how happy that makes me. My tiny peanut is getting a protein, iron, other essential vitamins boost every time she has a cup of chocolate milk. Ironically, she absolutely refused to even try chocolate milk when I made it with Hershey's chocolate syrup.

After our very long, stressful week, we opted to take a long hike yesterday to clear our minds and enjoy some gorgeous nature. We had seen an article that the trail beyond Mirror Lake was re-opening Thursday after being closed since a rock slide in 2009. We decided we should embark on the 5 mile hike and see some sights. Like most hikes we take, it was absolutely amazing. Part of the hike took us below the face of Half Dome, then as we took the loop, we could again see the face of Half Dome. We've been to Yosemite dozens of times, we are still astounded by the magnitude of Half Dome and El Capitan. Such impressive sights. There was a tiny bit of water still coming down the river.



It was a gorgeous day, with wonderful weather, to spend with our perfect little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment