Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sickies

The lack of updates is due to illness, I apologize. We have not had therapy since Monday, so I don't have much to update about therapy.

Mr N's eating is getting a little better, but has lost two pounds. I'm trying not to freak out (inwardly I've let the freaking out begin) and just hope we can get him eating more and better each day. Today he actually drank out of a sippy cup, it was milk and we are limiting how much he gets, but at least he is drinking out of cup.

We got a phone call back about his T3 levels and they want him retested before taking any action. So as soon as we are all recovered we will get him in for that. Some of his other tests results have come back, but I have no idea what they mean, so hopefully we will be getting a call back explaining those better. His EEG is scheduled for next Friday, so that should be "fun".

The most interesting thing about Mr N not drinking any milk is that he seems different. He seems more verbal, more inquisitive, asking more questions and he seems like he has more energy. He's even skipped  his nap several days. Maybe more iron is helping, maybe he really needs to be dairy free, maybe I'm just crazy. Well I'm certainly crazy, but I'm sure Mr N has changed dramatically in the last week. We were watching Leap Frog: Number Ahoy the other day and he was counting right along with the movie. Up until that day when he attempted counting it was always "doo, doo, doo, doo, doooo". But when counting along with the movie he had inflection with each number and much closer to the actual sound especially 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 and 10. They were no where near clear enough for an occasional listener to understand them, but watching and listening to him count along I'm pretty sure anyone would understand what he was saying. It was such a beautiful, touching thing. I cried happy tears.

We recently received the information we need to start the progress for transferring Mr N's services from Early Start to the school district. I'm nervous about that whole situation, it's unknown and scary. I was also irritated that in the 2 pages of documents they sent us, they spelled his name three different ways, none of which were correct. I know he's just another kid to them, but he is uber precious to me and don't see how it's so hard to spell a kid's name correctly. Especially when it's not an uncommon name or uncommon spelling.

Again my apologies on the lack of updates, I hope we get over this bug very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment