Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandwich!

The crew is on the mend and it feels so good!!! I'll be rebooting now and be back to finish my post in a minute, Mr N apparently remapped the keys and hitting <enter> opens the screen options screen.

We're back in business!

Today was our first day of therapy since last Monday due to illness, Mr N did quite well. She couldn't believe how much he was talking today, his verbalizing is through the roof since he's been off milk.

Mr N has been playing Starfall a lot more lately and has been mostly doing letter "U". He is also saying the letter, then saying the sound it makes then saying the phrase that uses the letter "Under the Umbrella". Ah-mazing! I had him show off his skills for Katy today, she was quite impressed. He was being difficult and didn't want to do his color matching for her so I intervened by showing him the red train and blue train then saying each color. After he said "red" I handed him the beads to match up for Katy. I was pretty surprised he said "red", I thought it'd be easier to say "blue" so I was working more towards that. He is full of surprises today.

Speaking of surprises, my husband is amazeballs! He brought me home the most amazing surprise ever yesterday!!!!!

Back to Mr N....E asked me to make her a sandwich, while I was making it Mr N came in acting interested. I said "sandwich" really enunciating the consonants like Temple Grandin had mentioned her mother did. He said "sandwich" right back to me! WOW! I made him a sandwich, he did not eat the sandwich. He did eat some apples, though.

Here is where I explain that when I enunciate the consonants, I think I really just talk louder, like you do when you are talking to someone who doesn't speak your language but you really want them to understand you want the white sauce and not the red sauce on your enchilada.

This evening Mr N brought me the keys then said "let's go" so we went for a drive, we stopped by the market since E wanted an apple and Mr N picked out bananas. Mr N ate a banana as soon as we got in the car, which made one happy Mommy! Then we went for a little drive and took a picture of the sunset.


1 comment: