Monday, October 22, 2012

Frustration and Ramen Noodles

While I'm excited that Mr N finally ate something besides Fruit Loops, but Ramen Noodles do not have any nutritional value. I guess we need to make more drastic changes, by only having food that is nutritious and beneficial. Here I thought that giving up milk would be the most difficult part of getting him to eat healthy, but that has been the easy part, now just to get him to eat something with protein, vitamins and iron in it.

We received more test results today, they tested his thyroid, all his levels are normal except for his T3, which is incredibly high. We are still waiting for a call back regarding that. I called to schedule his EEG, but am waiting on a call back to get the scheduled, too.

Mr N was not super cooperative during therapy today. He wouldn't do his puzzles, or color matching, didn't want to paint or play with Play Doh. He did finally engage with Katy and played in the circus tent and played follow the leader with strollers. He refused to put on clothes today, I tried repeatedly but he got upset each time I tried to put his shirt on. I did manage to get his jeans on him after a diaper change, but that only lasted 2 minutes when he realized what I had done, he quickly announced "I don't want it" and removed them. I'm hoping his mood today is based on the weather, not on his poor diet.

Maybe not getting Fruit Loops is in our best interest, he finished off the box this morning. Since then he has eaten Ramen Noodles and is now eating pumpkin muffins. Maybe it's time to make some pumpkin bread and sneak some extra healthy stuff into it (bacon).

No comments:

Post a Comment