Friday, October 19, 2012

Milk Free Day 1

Mr N has not had any milk since yesterday afternoon. He ate two hot dogs for dinner last night, apparently they are more appealing than my homemade spaghetti sauce. But he ate and that is the important part, he also had 3 juice boxes before bedtime. He hasn't really been asking for milk, so I think he realizes that it's no longer an option. Once he is eating more and not relying on milk as his main source of calories we will begin giving him milk after meals.

He hasn't drank any of the carnation instant breakfast or the pediasure,  but E sure likes the chocolate carnation in her milk. It won't hurt her to have more calories, iron and protein.

Mr N did not have a great night, he really wanted his bottle before bed. He and I were up very late, he woke up at 5 this morning and I just offered him his juice box and he drank it then went back to sleep. I'm really hoping we both get a nap this afternoon, since I'm afraid tonight may be equally as restless.

Therapy went well today, it took a little prodding to get him to do his color matching, but he did it. Yesterday he did some good play doh work. He is becoming more and more comfortable with Katy, letting her hold him, asking her for help, letting her support him as he climbs hills, etc. It's great to see him progressing.

When E does her school work and has to circle an object she always draws a little gate on the circle. Adorable.

My brain is only semi-functioning due to the lack of sleep, I'm sure there is more to tell, but that is all I can think of for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment