Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Black Cat

My Great Grandmother loved black cats, when she moved into an assisted living home my Grandma bought her a large stuffed black cat that laid on the back of her couch, and my mom bought her a little hard but furry black cat.

Great Grandma died when E turned one, and Grandma gave E the little black cat that Mom had given Great Grandma. The tail by this time was not completely attached and was barely hanging on. A year or two ago, the tail came completely off and after several months it went into the garbage (apparently).

Today on our way home from getting groceries E said "my black cat's black tail went into the garbage, then the garbage truck took it away at the old house". I asked her repeatedly if she was sure, because I thought it might still be in a toy box. She cried and cried. Then asked "where does the garbage truck take the black cat's tail? can he bring it back?" I told her he can't bring it back, he takes it to the dump. She asked me where the dump was, and I told her I didn't know which dump he took it to and it'd been well over a year since it was put in the trash. She thought about it for a few minutes then asked "can you show me a picture of a dump when we get home?" I said sure. Then she asked if we could call daddy and talk to him about it.

We got home and she didn't mention it again for five hours. Then out of the blue she asked again to see a picture of a dump. I checked google images for dump, she went right to work looking for the cat's tail, she's certain she found it in one picture, "right next to an umbrella". She then decided it was time to call Daddy and ask him to stop by the dump on his way to pick it up.

She has an amazing memory, she even remembers that Daddy put it in the garbage. So at least she's not mad at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment