Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Breakthroughs

After Mr N played so well last night with another child, I didn't expect any more breakthroughs anytime soon.

I'll start with the amazing feat....Mr N asked his therapist to pick him up so he could pick leaves, he let her hold him for several minutes. I can't even begin to describe how incredible this feeling of pride, happiness, and just utter shock that is running through my brain. He let someone hold him, he asked someone to hold him. The last time someone other than Mommy or Daddy held him for more than a few seconds was when he was nine months old. NINE MONTHS OLD. It's been 20 months since someone else has held him. Amazing. My little man is gonna make it. We are doing this! We are saving him!

I'll back up to include the rest of the day & therapy now. :) Mr N took a very long nap that ran into the beginning of his therapy session. Once he woke up he was a little cranky but he quickly calmed down and joined the therapist in the play room along with Mommy and Sissy. We sang and danced and he worked on a puzzle, once he was mellowed out Sissy and I headed outside to let Mr N get to work with his therapist. They painted and he didn't even mind when we came back in for a potty break, then we headed back outside. He stayed engaged for quite a while with his therapist with some one on one time.

I am so astounded by his accomplishments I can't even think straight. How do we go from worry and scaredness to elation and excitement in such short time? I need to remember to come back and read this when that worry creeps in, when he has bad days I need to remember the good days. His bad days aren't that bad and his good days are exceptionally good. My little man is doing it! He's growing and blossoming.

Mr N makes my heart happy.

Daddy arrived home <3 with gifts for the kids, a space Hello Kitty for E and a space monkey for Mr N. They both love the Hello Kitty, Mr N slapped away the monkey, then threw him when we gave it back to him. Hopefully Daddy doesn't take it too personally.

Sidenote: E got her replacement black cat today. She named him "Black and White" since he has white markings on his face and paws. She also was trying to teach the deer to fetch today. I haven't broken it to her that they aren't actually our pets even though they are frequently in our yard.

I got the griller/smoker assembled and even started it since it's supposed to smoke out before first use. I love the smell of charcoal. Today feels like a good day.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing mama, and you have an amazing little man there. You ARE saving him! It's so exciting to read about these breakthroughs, one after the next after the next! Big hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete