Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Family

Family is such a funny thing, these people whom you are related to either by blood or by marriage. These people whom you love so much, you strive to please and make them proud. We love our family so much, yet it takes so little for them to crush us. They hold our hearts in the palms of their hands.

This family also has the ability to make us feel strong, proud, reassured, they give us the confidence, strength and reassurance to keep going. They build us up when we are down, they are our shoulder to cry on, the ones we turn to when we have a bad day, the first people we call with exciting news, the ones we share our most significant losses with and know our pains only too well.

I often feel I don't take enough time to express my love and appreciate for my family. I have an amazing family that means so much to me. My brothers, my sister in laws, my parents, grandparents are all such a significant part of my life, yet I wonder if they realize how much they mean to me.

I married into a wonderful family, as well. My sister in law and her husband are amazing people. They take caring to a whole new level, they genuinely care about those around them, they are passionate about the things they love. Their career choices show just how much they love and care about others.

In laws, ugh, aren't they such dreaded people? You hear all these horror stories about things mother in laws say to their daughter in laws. Marriage is when you put on a thick skin and barely tolerate your in laws, right? That couldn't be further from the truth for me. They welcomed me into the family with open arms and made me feel like I fit right in.

My mother in law and her husband are such wonderful people, they are not only loving and kind to their family and friends, but give to their community, too. You can hear the joy in their voices when the kids talk on the phone to them, no matter how brief the conversation is, they are delighted. They are truly beautiful people, inside and out.

My father in law and his wife are not evil, horrible people either! Shocking, huh? They are incredibly thoughtful, sweet, kind-hearted individuals. They are such a blessing to have in our lives. Just today they sent me flowers to express their love.

How do I deserve this wonderful family? I guess I should have expected great in laws when I married a great guy. That is where he learned his amazingness from, right? They live 32 hours away which makes visiting difficult and infrequent. With Mr N's therapy it makes this even more difficult since we are not supposed to miss any days of therapy.Thankfully, they are understanding.



I can only hope that the love I have for all these amazing people, that I'm lucky enough to be related to, is felt by all of them.

To the family members that read my blog, I love you. <3


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you have in-laws that love and appreciate my Sarah. Yep, you are mine :) I share though. You are super special and amazing and the best friend a girl could ask for. How could they not love you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the flowers are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you tons! Not only because you make Mike so happy, but because you are a beautiful person and an amazing mama. I learn so much from you. I hope that I have never crushed you with something stupid that I have said, and if I have, I hope that you can tell me someday so that I have an opportunity to apologize for it. Looooooove you! <3

    ReplyDelete